ओं तत् सवितुर् वरेण्यं भर्गो देवस्य धिमहि । धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ।
- A wonderful opportunity to engage with the script of the Gods (devanāgarī) from the comfort of your own home.
- In 20 connection hours (plus homework), you will be able to read any Sanskrit text.
- Learn the sounds and chants of yogic texts all composed in Sanskrit.
- Discover what it is about the Sanskrit language that can make it's study such a profound and revelatory experience.
- Fabled for it's mystical power, each letter holds a unique resonance. Feel this resonance in your own body by learning how to correctly pronounce these letters.
- śiva sūtras
- the 16 divine mothers
- the 4 great sayings
- passages from the Upaniṣads
- sections from the Yoga Sūtras
ओं शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ।
- 10 sessions, every other Tuesday 7–9pm (with a break for Christmas), starting 24th September 2019
- (24/9, 8/10, 22/10, 5/11, 19/11, 3/12, 14/1, 28/1, 11/2, 26/2)
- You will have access to the videos after the session should you have to miss a session, or want to recap.
- Recording of chants covered will be given.
- There will be homework after every session which I will mark and get back to you.
- Early bird: £260 by 31st July, £295 thereafter.
ओं तत् सत् ।
This course has been utterly transformational, and deeply rewarding, too. I feel so lucky to have encountered such an authentic, graceful and inspiring Sanskrit teacher in Lucy!
From the very first class, I knew this course was something special, and as it unfolded week after week, it's long-ranging effects began to become increasingly apparent.
Each week, my understanding of this beautiful language deepened, and the bi-weekly calls invariably left me feeling inspired, activated and empowered to dive into the study of these sounds and letters with humility and burgeoning confidence.
What I have learned from this course reaches far beyond simply understanding a new alphabet or being able to read a script different from my native language. The application of the teachings and the completion of homework assignments has actually served to act almost as an initiatory journey into the infinite world of sound and symbol.
Thank you Lucy, this course has taught me so much. I believe it's helped me to find a sense of peace within me that I didn't have before. The sounds feel very primordial and resonate with a deep sense of one's inner being. It's like "Wow" this is what's been missing from my life! Now I've found it I don't want to let it go. I want to keep learning more and immersing my soul in these beautiful sounds.
Thank you Lucy, you've opened my eyes, my heart; my essence to something profoundly special and deeply powerful.
I’m enjoying the on-line Sanskrit course immensely: it is making a huge difference to my Yoga Sutra chanting, and it’s fun to share some of the insights with my yoga students, who seem to love to chant (and hear chanting). The course has inspired me to look more deeply into the roots of Sanskrit and yoga , which has been amazingly rewarding. Your teaching is wonderful. You exude true love and curiosity for your journey, which is infectious! I can’t wait for the next session in September!
It's been so wonderful learning sanskrit, it's a beautiful language so intricately woven together with the essence of all the elements, really special and quite magical. Thank you so much for teaching and sharing this in such a way that made it simple to digest.
Look forward to whats to come!